Shen.ai SDK Documentation
Shen.AI SDK (Software Development Kit) by MX Labs is a B2B platform with precise and easy-to-use camera-based diagnostics of vital signs and wellness.
The easiest way to get an impression of the SDK's capabilities is by trying out our official app - Heart Monitor. The video measurement functionality is built using the Flutter version of the SDK.
Our SDK currently exposes the following metrics based on real-time video analysis:
- Heart Rate (both real-time and aggregated)
- Heart Rate Variability (HRV) - SDNN, lnRMSSD
- Breathing Rate
- Interbeat Intervals
See Results for more details on the video-based metrics.
The SDK also computes Cardiovascular health risks based on provided risk factors.
The current version of the SDK supports mobile and web platforms.
- Android - Flutter and Native
- iOS - Flutter
See system requirements for more details.
The SDK connects to the camera of a mobile/desktop device and uses real-time Computer Vision to isolate a human face in the video stream. A 3d model of the face is constructed, tracked and used to extract a high-quality, dense signal of blood pulsations using remote photoplethysmography (rPPG). Based on that dense signal, the SDK accurately determines the timings of all observed heartbeats and provides the user with precise heart-related metrics.
The SDK consists of:
- compiled machine code (native shared library on Android/iOS, webassembly on Web) that contains high-performance real-time Computer Vision algorithms
- platform/framework-specific components for ease of integration and camera access
- example app code for each supported platform